118718Re: and set list problem

  • lingkun
    Nov 3, 2010
      2010/11/3 Tony Mechelynck <antoine.mechelynck@...>
      On 03/11/10 05:39, lingkun wrote:
      [...]

      sorry for that i forgot to list the settings when i do the test.
         :set ts=8
         :set sts=8
         :set noet
      er, I was using gvim 7.2( offical version ) on windowsXP . To get the
      settings of "t_kb" and "t_kD", i run vim in the windows console, and
      they all have the same symptoms.

      Best regards,
      itx.

      Hm, 7.2 (and presumably 7.2.0) is already, shall we say, somewhat dated. You'll find a Windows installer for (as of this writing) 7.3.047 (the latest bugfixed version) at http://sourceforge.net/projects/cream/files/ (You can see the compilation options --the ":version" listing-- before downloading by viewing the "Release Notes" by clickjing the clipboard-like icon in the right column under "Newest files".)

      Can you try this, and let us know if you still have the problem?

      When in doubt, use brute force.
                     -- Ken Thompson

      er, i have just download  and  install gvim 7.3.047  and test, it's  still the same.

       i found that when i set softtabstop to 0 (which is the default setting) ,it works properly
      in 7.2 and 7.3.047, but when sts was setted to a nonzero number , set list and don't change the default listchars,a <BS>seems to  delete softtabstop  number of the display characters(in both 7.2 and 7.3.047).

      i.e. when set softtabstop=8 ,"^I^I^I^I"(four hard stop ) was deleted by ONE <BS>, when  i set softtabstop=4 "^I^I^I^I"( four hard stop ) was deleted by TWO <BS>, when i set softtabstop=3 "^I^I^I"(three hard tab stop )was deleted by TWO <BS> ,etc.