118683Re: and set list problem

  • itx
    Nov 2, 2010
      thanks for help.

      What does Vim answer to

      :verbose set list? listchars? lazyredraw?
      :if !has('gui_running') | verbose set t_kb? t_kD? | endif

      and what appears if (in Insert or Command-line mode) you hit Ctrl-
      V (or Ctrl-Q if you use Ctrl-V to paste into Vim) followed by
      Backspace?

      :verbose set list? listchars? lazyredraw?
      set list listchars=eol:$ nolazyredraw

      if !has('gui_running') | verbose set t_kb? t_kD? |endif
      t_kb? <BS> t_kD? <DEL>

      Ctrl-Q followed by Backspace <BS>

      :set backspace? backspace=indent,start,eol
      this seems that all these options were default ?

      but it seems that the backspace didn't work properly when i ": set
      list" (i didn't change "listchars")

      for instance
      i type FOUR hardtabs in a new line
      it appears as "^I^I^I^I" and then i just type ONE <BS>, these four
      tabs were deleted....

      but when i :set listchars=tab:\ \ or someothers or ":set nolist" it
      works properly just as i wanted,i.e. these tabs were deleted after i
      type FOUR <BS>

      o, i think that maybe <BS> just delete the display "tabstop"
      characters a time.
      thus it will delete 8 chars and "^I^I^I^I" is 8 chars,so it was
      deleted........
      or other reasons?

      Best regards
      itx