118681Re: Using Bash in Vi mode. How to map keys?

  • ZyX
    Nov 2, 2010
      Reply to message «Re: Using Bash in Vi mode. How to map keys?»,
      sent 19:15:44 02 November 2010, Tuesday
      by aleCodd:

      > hmm...what do you mean by 's>>' ?
      Do not use google groups, it fucks up unicode symbols. It is was a ``,s''
      enclosed in "\u00ab" and "\u00bb" (left and right double angle quotation marks),
      googlegroups turn them into << and >>. In zshrc I have the following code:

      bindkey -M evi ",h" "ins-brackets"
      <...>
      bindkey -M evi ",S" "ins-parentheses-escaped"

      where all ins-* are custom zle widgets. It is not the right place to discuss
      their implementation, but here is similar code from my vimrc:
      inoremap ,ef <C-o>I{<C-m><C-o>o}<C-o>O
      inoremap ,eF <C-m>{<C-m><C-o>o}<C-o>O
      inoremap ,F {<C-o>o}<C-o>O
      inoremap ,f {}<C-\><C-o>h
      inoremap ,h []<C-\><C-o>h
      inoremap ,s ()<C-\><C-o>h
      inoremap ,u <LT>><C-\><C-o>h
      inoremap ,es (<C-\><C-o>E<C-o>a)<C-\><C-o>h
      inoremap ,H [[::]]<C-o>F:
      inoremap ,eh [::]<C-o>F:
      inoremap ,q «»<C-\><C-o>h
      inoremap ,Q „“<C-\><C-o>h
      inoremap ,eq “”<C-\><C-o>h
      inoremap ,eQ ‘’<C-\><C-o>h
      inoremap ," ""<C-\><C-o>h
      inoremap ,' ''<C-\><C-o>h

      Note that `,q', `,Q', `,eq' and `,eQ' lines will probably be also fucked up by
      googlegroups, so it is better to view this message somewhere else, perhaps in a
      mail client.

      Here is from ipythonrc. Ipython uses readline, so it should be easy to port it
      to .inputrc:
      readline_parse_and_bind ",s": "()\C-b"
      other lines are similar.

      > can you please explain 1)what key do you bind 2)and how is it done in
      > .inputrc
      I am using zsh, so nothing is done in inputrc.
    • Show all 18 messages in this topic