118677Re: Using Bash in Vi mode. How to map keys?

  • aleCodd
    Nov 2, 2010
      ZyX wrote:

      > Maybe you should try switching to zsh: its zle (z line editor) is highly
      > configurable. Though it does not have an equivalent to `noremap', you
      > could bind
      > keys to functions: your example could be written like that:
      >
      > function _-ins-aa() { LBUFFER+=aa }
      > zle -N ins-aa _-ins-aa
      > bindkey a ins-aa
      >
      > Not as obvious as `noremap a aa' (or `bindkey -s a aa' that results in
      > ``zsh:
      > string inserting another one too many times'' error), but it works.

      Can I be more specific?
      I want to bind in bash something equivalent to:
      :inoremap " ""<left>

      Now, this mapping is so common that i'm sure that millions of people have
      tried it before me (for Bash), so would you say that still there is NO WAY
      that i can bind the above in .inputrc for bash?