116193Re: Starting an online VIM vs Other Text Editors battle.. anyone interested?

  • Marc Weber
    Aug 2, 2010
      Excerpts from tommed's message of Mon Aug 02 18:17:14 +0200 2010:
      > Hi Guys!
      >
      > As a VIM user myself, I am hoping we can get some of our most elite
      > users to participate in an online VIM vs EMACS vs
      > INSERT_TEXT_EDITOR_HERE battle site?

      I added a comment.
      I think you should drop Vim vs Emacs.
      Call it "who can perform fastest - choose your favourite tool".
      Then we all can learn by watching.

      Vim vs Emacs is broken by design because you can extend both.
      Eg is it allowed using tools like Eclim?

      What about additional scripting languages such as Ruby, Perl, ..?

      Without clarifying the rules (eg :You have to use latest stable Vim /
      GNU / X Emacs ..) with or without custom scrpts this must fail.

      Marc Weber