116192Re: Starting an online VIM vs Other Text Editors battle.. anyone interested?

  • tommed
    Aug 2, 2010
      Hey Nat,

      I guess the undertones of the site is that "everyone is a winner" and
      is a great showcase of showing what these awesome text editors are
      capable of!

      When I started showing interest in using a "proper" text editor, there
      was a myriad of flame wars of non-sensical, non-logical arguments
      which plagued the forums. I understood that using one of these *could*
      save me time, but there were no videos of amazingly talented people
      using these editors. I *needed* something to inspire me to spend my
      time learning it, but I never got it. I just had to take the risk, and
      now I'm glad I did!

      I wanted to mask the sentiments under a pseudo-competitive guise as
      people naturally respond better to competition then the "everyone is a
      winner" philosophy. It obviously didn't wash with you or
      @CharlesCampbell as you have probably been witnesses to many idle
      rantings of the "fan boys".

      Hopefully now you can see my proposal is for the right reasons, and
      will be a part of the spirit of competition for the right reasons?
      Do I have two interests? :)

      Best Wishes,
      tommed