116137Re: What key is bound to Something?

    Jul 30 4:37 PM
      On 31/07/10 00:12, Jakson A. Aquino wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > I maintain a filetype plugin to R and the user can change the default
      > key bindings by putting in the vimrc commands like:
      >
      > map<F2> <Plug>RStart
      >
      > How can I know in the ftplugin/r.vim what key is bound to
      > <Plug>RStart? The plugin adds a menu to gui versions of Vim and I
      > would like to tell in the menu all the key bindings, even the
      > customized ones.
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Jakson Aquino
      >
      > Note: the plugin is here: http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=2628

      It is possible to get a list of all mappings i.e. all user-defined key
      bindings, see the thread "Writing :map and :map! to text file or
      something" started 2010-07-26 09:42 -0700 by someone named "Gary".

      For default bindings it's harder: you would have to compile a list from
      the various lists at ":help index.txt", write that statically that into
      your script (and update it whenever that helpfile changes), and, at
      runtime, *remove* from the list the keybindings which also have a
      user-defined mapping in the same mode.

      Kisses may last for as much as, but no more than, five minutes.
      [real standing law in Iowa, United States of America]