115455Re: Question to Ruby users

  • Etienne Vallette d'Osia
    Jul 1 2:58 AM
      On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 12:25 AM, Ciss <pechorin.andrey@...> wrote:
      Hello everyone.

      Does anybody need a more lovely api to write vim extensions via ruby
      language?
      Or this is bad idea to improve vimscript-ruby api?

      I start to write this staff, and it seems what i will make much like
      getting args and eval this via VIM::command;

      example:

      def bind_function(key,function)
       VIM::command("map <expr> #{key} RubyMethod(\"#{function.to_s}\")")
      end

      def fu_test()
       vim_print("Hello from ruby api!")
      end

      bind "mm", :fu_test

      So, when i start to write this api i think this will be more funny but
      now i understand... :)

      Anybody interesting in this Ruby-Vim-Improve-Api? Or this is unusefull
      work?

      Hello,

      I love this idea !!!

      I don't know vimscript but I'm a rubist,
      and I would be more than happy if I could help you.

      Etienne Vallette d'Osia