Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

114882Re: Progress indicator for :TOhtml command

Expand Messages
  • David Fishburn
    Jun 2, 2010
    • 0 Attachment
      On 02/06/2010 9:55 AM, Ben Fritz wrote:
      > On Jun 2, 8:43 am, Ben Fritz<fritzophre...@...> wrote:
      >> On Jun 2, 3:13 am, "Christian Brabandt"<cbli...@...> wrote:
      >>> On Wed, June 2, 2010 1:04 am, Benjamin Fritz wrote:
      >>>> - Added a second progress bar for the attributes processing (previously I
      >>>> was
      >>>> doing this with a %d/%d printf).
      >>>> I also removed the "redrawstatus" commands. They did not seem to be
      >>>> necessary,
      >>>> and only served to increase the processing time. Did you have a particular
      >>>> reason to include them?
      >>> Yes. I can't see the progressbar otherwise. It is not updating for me. So
      >>> I suggest, enabling it again.
      >> Interesting. Is this true, even with the progress bar on the top
      >> window as in the latest version? If it is on the bottom, the screen
      >> clears again for a redraw immediately after the bottom status line is
      >> drawn, making it very hard to see the progress bar...which is why I
      >> put it on the top.
      > This got me thinking...so tried the following:
      > gvim -N -u NONE -i NONE
      > filetype indent plugin on
      > syntax on
      > :help intro
      > :source $HOME/vimfiles/syntax/2html.vim
      > I do not see the progress bars! The status lines never get drawn at
      > all (and the conversion is lightning fast). It appears I have
      > something in my Vim setup that slows things down enough, or redraws
      > the window, or something, that causes the status lines to appear when
      > normally they would not.
      > Any ideas? I don't see anything suspicious in my usual Buf/Win Enter/
      > Leave autocmds:

      I have a plugin (WhatsMissing) which flips repeatedly back and forth
      between different buffers.
      To address my issues with slow performance I changed the function to do

      let l:old_eventignore = &eventignore
      set eventignore+=BufNewFile,BufReadPre,BufRead,BufReadPost,BufReadCmd
      set eventignore+=BufFilePre,BufFilePost,FileReadPre,FileReadPost
      set eventignore+=StdinReadPre,StdinReadPost,BufWrite,BufWritePre
      set eventignore+=BufWritePost,BufWriteCmd,FileWritePre,FileWritePost
      set eventignore+=FilterWritePre,FilterWritePost,FileChangedShell
      set eventignore+=FileChangedRO,FocusGained,FocusLost,FuncUndefined
      set eventignore+=CursorHold,BufEnter,BufLeave,BufWinEnter,BufWinLeave
      set eventignore+=BufUnload,BufHidden,BufNew,BufAdd,BufCreate,BufDelete
      set eventignore+=BufWipeout,WinEnter,WinLeave,CmdwinEnter,CmdwinLeave
      set eventignore+=GUIEnter,VimEnter,VimLeavePre,VimLeave,EncodingChanged
      set eventignore+=FileEncoding,RemoteReply,TermChanged,TermResponse,User

      something ...

      Then restored the &eventignore when complete.

      The performance was dramatic.

      Perhaps you could put that in yours and see what you get.


      You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
      Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
      For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic