114864Re: Progress indicator for :TOhtml command

  • Benjamin Fritz
    Jun 1, 2010
      On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 6:04 PM, Benjamin Fritz <fritzophrenic@...> wrote:

      > I like this look a lot better! I made a few improvements:

      And one more bugfix, to prevent throwing errors in the cleanup
      commands at the end.

      With the attached script on fairly recent hardware, I get the
      following timings (in seconds) when converting the 2html.vim script to
      html, several times and discarding the first few trials (these were
      outliers...around 100 seconds, probably while getting the cache all
      ironed out or something):

      with progress bar:
      34
      34
      35
      32
      32
      without progress bar (using let html_no_progress=1):
      33
      33
      33
      33
      32
      32
      33
      30
      unmodified "official" script (with autocmds to set winsize and
      foldmethod to prevent syntax highlighting to screw with the results):
      31
      32
      31
      31

      For me anyway, the difference made by the progress bar, with the
      optimizations in the attached version of 2html.vim, is negligible.

      So...is the screen flashing still too distracting? I think the version
      attached handles it well enough, at least for my purposes.

      Any additional comments or fixes?