114848Re: Progress indicator for :TOhtml command

  • Christian J. Robinson
    Jun 1, 2010
      On Tue, 1 Jun 2010, Ben Fritz wrote:

      > What did you do to see the slowdown?

      In two separate Vim instances ("vim 2html.vim"--not at the same time):

      :let timestart=join(reltime(), ' ') | exe 'so ' . expand('%') | let timefinish=join(reltime(), ' ')
      :echo timestart | echo timefinish

      Time elapsed about 39 seconds.

      :let timestart=join(reltime(), ' ') | exe 'TOhtml' | let timefinish=join(reltime(), ' ')
      :echo timestart | echo timefinish

      Time elapsed about 31 seconds.

      So the first is over 20% slower.

      This morning I tried it under a "vim -u NONE --noplugin 2html.vim"
      instance and your version was actually four seconds faster than the
      original. Odd.

      I do have a fairly complex vimrc, as well as a number of plugins
      installed.

      - Christian

      --
      Christian J. Robinson <heptite@...>