114459Re: Broken undo?

  • Israel Chauca F.
    May 13, 2010
      On May 13, 2010, at 3:56 PM, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

      >>> That indeed looks like a bug.
      >>
      >> Good to know. Should I write a ticket for this bug somewhere or do
      >> something else?
      >
      > No need. Storing bugs in a dusty database won't help getting them
      > solved.

      Noted.

      >>> I don't see this problem.
      >>
      >> I can reproduce it in the default vim for MacOS X 10.6 and MacVim, but
      >> neither of them are the latest version, when I can compile vim in my
      >> Mac I'll try again.
      >
      > Perhaps you need to explain more cleary what you do exactly.

      The next steps are are just one insert:
      1. Insert 1.
      2. Now <C-R>=setline('.','12')<CR>
      3. Insert <CR>
      4. Exit insert mode and undo (u).

      The buffer should be empty but it has two lines, the first one is empty and the second one has the number 2 in it. Since the buffer isn't empty, I should get E37 when I :quit, instead vim exits without any message.

      Let's see if that works.

      Thanks,
      Israel