114103RE: Mapping Shift-space: how to tell if its possible?

  • John Beckett
    Apr 28, 2010
      Britton Kerin wrote:
      > I'd like to map shift-space <S-Space> to <PageDown> or something.
      >
      > After a lot of googling I find several mentions that some
      > setups are st vim differentiates between <Space> and
      > <S-Space> and some not.
      > It seems not for me since :<C-v><S-Space> outputs only a space.
      >
      > I didn't find any mention what in the setup makes the difference?
      > I'm using gvim not console.

      In insert mode in gvim, press Ctrl-K then Shift-Space. On my
      system, it shows <S-Space> indicating that it knows what the key
      was.

      Try entering this test:

      :map <S-Space> :echo 'You pressed Shift-Space'<CR>

      Then, in normal mode, press Shift-Space.

      John