112344Re: Split window automatically when opening 2 or 3 files

    Feb 28, 2010
      On 03/01/10 21:39, Gary Johnson wrote:
      > On 2009-12-31, Brock Henry wrote:
      >> Hi,
      >>
      >> I want to have Vim (on Windows), automatically split the window if I open two
      >> files (using right-click explorer integration - Open in Single VIM Window).
      >>
      >> Actually, a new right-click integration that did this (Open in split VIM
      >> Window), would be perfect.
      >>
      >> Is there anyway to do this?
      >
      > I don't have a Windows machine handy at the moment so I can't test
      > this, but it seems to me that you should be able to test in your
      > _vimrc for the presence of more than one file name in the argument
      > list with the argc() function, then if the number of arguments is
      > greater than 1, execute ":all". See
      >
      > :help argc()
      > :help :all
      >
      > HTH,
      > Gary

      Note that if you set 'winheight' to a high value in your vimrc in order
      to make window sizes change dynamically (and the current window always
      be the biggest one), you must use ":all" _before_ setting 'winheight',
      otherwise it won't work.

      It is generally agreed that "Hello" is an appropriate greeting because
      if you entered a room and said "Goodbye," it could confuse a lot of
      people.
      -- Dolph Sharp, "I'm O.K., You're Not So Hot"