111942Re: Top/End of file not active with Ctrl-Home/Ctrl-End with vim on a gnome terminal

  • Jean Johner
    Feb 16, 2010
      On Feb 16, 11:25 am, Tony Mechelynck <antoine.mechely...@...>
      wrote:

      > in Insert mode, prefix gg or G or G<End> > with a Ctrl-O).>

      Hi Tony,

      I use Insert mode by default so that Ctrl-O gg represents 4 strokes to
      go to top of file!

      Ctrl-O G<End> is
      also 4 strokes to go to end of file.

      Moreover Ctrl-Home, Ctrl-End has become a reflex (this is the standard
      for Windows applications).

      Besides, the gnome machine on which I work has no gvim and the xterm
      fonts are not nice (perhaps I could improve that).

      Happy to learn that you reproduce the fact that Home and Ctrl-Home are
      synonymous with gnome terminal. Is it a choice or a bug? If it is not
      a bug, is it possible to change this behaviour?

      Thank you for your interest.

      Best regards,

      Jean Johner