111573Re: backspace not working

  • Alexander Dietz
    Feb 2 12:09 AM

      On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 08:00, Benjamin R. Haskell <vim@...> wrote:
      On Tue, 2 Feb 2010, Alexander Dietz wrote:

      I just ran into the same problem on a virtual host.  The following
      worked for me inside my .vimrc:

      set t_kb=^?
      (where the '^?' was entered by typing Ctrl+V Backspace in insert mode.
      NOT circumflex + question mark -- see :help i_CTRL-V )

      it seems that this works! I have no idea why, but it really seem to work. Thanks a lot!

      Cheers
        Alex

      In your .vimrc that you included in your earlier message, you appeared
      to not type (in insert mode) Ctrl+V Backspace, but rather had the
      literal text (^) followed by (h), which seems backwards from what you
      want anyway.  (If you're getting ^? when you type 'Backspace', you
      should set t_kb to that value... but using the literal terminal
      characters.)

      --
      Best,
      Ben