111571Re: backspace not working

  • Benjamin R. Haskell
    Feb 1 11:10 PM
      > On Tue, 2 Feb 2010, Alexander Dietz wrote:
      >
      > > On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 01:00, bill lam <cbill.lam@...> wrote:
      > > Perhaps it is the setting of xterm, search for 'backarrowKey' inside
      > > this webpage.
      > >
      > > http://invisible-island.net/xterm/xterm.faq.html
      > >

      > is this page showing some configuration settings I can try to change?
      > Which file are they in? Its the .bashrc or .cshrc? I cannot see any
      > file mentioned in this entry.

      They are X11 resources. You can often put them in $HOME/.Xdefaults and
      they might get sourced by your window manager. If not, you can manually
      run:

      xrdb < ~/.Xdefaults

      or add that line to your $HOME/.xinitrc

      In ~/.Xdefaults itself, you might have the following, for example:

      *backarrowKey: false

      But, there's a lot of info on that page, and *backarrowKey is only one
      possibility.

      --
      Best,
      Ben