110606Re: Split window automatically when opening 2 or 3 files
- Dec 31, 2009On Dec 30, 3:37 pm, Brock Henry <brock.he...@...> wrote:
> Hi,You want to have Windows insert the -o or -O flags to Vim prior to the
> I want to have Vim (on Windows), automatically split the window if I open
> two files (using right-click explorer integration - Open in Single VIM
> Actually, a new right-click integration that did this (Open in split VIM
> Window), would be perfect.
> Is there anyway to do this?
file list. You can do this in a few places:
1. You can use a file association so that right-clicking on several
selected files and selecting "Open" will do what you want. This will
also let you double-click to open a single file in a new Vim. See
http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Windows_file_associations for details.
2. You can use the Windows "Send To" menu to allow you to right-click
on one of the selected files and chose a command from the "Send To"
submenu. See http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Add_Vim_to_Windows_Send_To_menu
3. You can find the registry entry that contols the "Edit files in
single Vim" context menu entry and edit that with regedit. I'm not
sure if we have a tip on this, I vaguely remember seeing something to
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>