108885RE: Vim Wiki problem?

  • John Beckett
    Nov 1, 2009
      Tony Mechelynck wrote:
      > Suddenly, any Vim Wiki URL gives me a blank page. The source
      > looks like this (notice no <!DOCTYPE <html> <title> or

      All of wikia.com is dead. Random responses (the fact that some
      actions at your end show different results) are usually due to
      random paths the traffic takes because they have quite a complex
      system with lots of caching servers and so forth.

      There is no need to notify anyone, and no questions will get
      helpful answers, because the Wikia staff know within five
      minutes that a disaster has occurred, and anyone with any
      knowledge is locked in a room trying to fix the problem.
      However, issues can be discussed at:

      Currently, IRC is saying stuff like "yeah, looks like a
      connection problem...will be back instantly once they figure it
      out...". But it's all guess work.