108868Syncronizing breakpoints with ipython

  • Nathan Huesken
    Nov 1, 2009

      I am trying to figure out how to connect ipython with gvim.

      I start gvim in server mode:
      gvim --servername ipython

      and jump to a certain position in a file with:
      gvim --servername ipython --remote +%d %s

      where %d and %s are replaced linenumber and filename.

      Now, I want to display the error position and debug points in gvim.
      I need to figure out a way to send this information from ipython to
      gvim.

      So how could gvim "receive" this information? Is the quickfix list a
      good idea? How would that work?

      (I am just asking for the gvim side).

      Thanks!
      Nathan