108867Re: Align \tsp functionality from external program ?

  • meino.cramer@gmx.de
    Nov 1, 2009
      bob davis <bob@...> [09-11-01 15:24]:

      > > the main problem with a list of currently 1298170 entries is
      > > just to know the max. width of eact entry before genrating
      > > the list.
      > > Thats why I want to put this job onto my systems shoulders.
      > >
      > > I think for that reason 'find' is'nt what I want to use as
      > > a formatter.
      > >
      > > Thanky for your help anyway...
      > >
      > > Keep hacking!
      > > mcc
      > >
      > As suggested previously...
      > I just tested this and it seems to work.
      >
      > find . -ls|column -t|less -SiX
      >
      > The less is just for my viewing.

      Hi,

      YEAH! This is the tool I have searched for. With it I
      will be able to handle files/texts of that size without
      waiting half a day (*NO* critism against vim or Align
      intended!!!).

      Thanks for your patience and help!

      Keep hacking!
      mcc