108862Re: Align \tsp functionality from external program ?

  • Christian Brabandt
    Nov 1, 2009
      Hi meino.cramer!

      On So, 01 Nov 2009, meino.cramer@... wrote:

      > No, it is not, since beside other attriibutes the filename, filesize
      > and timestamps occupy different amount of space from file to file if
      > find is applied to a complete directory tree (too much files to cope
      > with in one buffer) being huige enough.

      You can try as - already mentioned - using find -printf. I am not sure,
      this works always, cause it seems it is not mentioned in SuSv3. An
      alternative would be to pipe the output of find through awk and using
      its printf statements, you should be able to get it aligned and formated
      nicely.

      regards,
      Christian