108164How to separate consecutive highlighted matches?

  • Peng Yu
    Oct 1, 2009
      Hi

      I have the following code in ~/.vimrc, by which I can toggle on or off
      highlight of matches.

      function ToggleHLSearch()
      if &hls
      set nohls
      else
      set hls
      endif
      endfunction
      nmap <silent> <C-n> :silent call ToggleHLSearch()<CR>

      But if I have consecutive matches, it is still not easy to see how
      many matches there are. In particular, '\t' can occupy different
      length of spaces, depending the context. Therefore, I would like the
      highlight be nonconsecutive (for example, one pixel with between two
      matches is not highlighted).

      I'm wondering if there is such an option in vim. Thank you!

      Regards,
      Peng