108154Re: python auto indentation problem of indent/python.vim

  • Peng Yu
    Oct 1, 2009
      On Sep 30, 9:39 pm, sc <tooth...@...> wrote:
      > On Wednesday 30 September 2009, Peng Yu wrote:
      >

      > > If I have
      >
      > > def fun(x,y):
      > > if x > y:
      > >   print x
      >
      > > else
      > >   print y
      >
      > > After vim indentation, I have
      >
      > > def fun(x,y):
      > >   if x > y:
      > >     print x
      >
      > >   else
      > >   print y
      >
      > i don't believe the python indent script will recognize the
      > else as an else unless it is followed by a ":"

      I'm sorry. It was my mistake. But how to make vim automatically
      indentation add 4 spaces after 'print x'? Currently, if there is a '#'
      in that line, vim will correctly add 4 spaces, but if there is not a
      '#', vim will leave that line empty.

      Regards,
      Peng