108122python auto indentation problem of indent/python.vim

  • Peng Yu
    Sep 30, 2009

      I have the following lines in my .vimrc and I installed indent/
      python.vim from http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=974

      fun BenIndent()
      let oldLine=line('.')
      normal gg=G
      execute ':' . oldLine
      endfun
      map -- :call BenIndent()<CR>

      However, it will not correctly indent my code. Suppose I have the
      following code,

      def fun(x,y):
      if x > y:
      print x
      else
      print y

      Vim indents it to

      def fun(x,y):
      if x > y:
      print x
      else
      print y

      Apparently, the last line 'print y' is not indented correctly.

      If I have

      def fun(x,y):
      if x > y:
      print x

      else
      print y

      After vim indentation, I have

      def fun(x,y):
      if x > y:
      print x

      else
      print y

      There is still the problem with the last line 'print y'. I also what
      to 4 space characters in the line after 'print x', because sometime I
      might paste the code to a python interactive session.

      I'm wondering if someone can help fix the indentation script. Thank
      you!

      Regards,
      Peng