107018Re: goto line depending on exit code of filter

    Sep 1, 2009
      On 01/09/09 12:18, bill lam wrote:

      > On Tue, 01 Sep 2009, Tony Mechelynck wrote:
      >> external program generate the required number as a return code: IIRC,
      >> return codes are limited to one byte, and those above 127 may have a
      >> special meaning (generated by the OS maybe).
      >
      > Tony, you are correct. I don't why it seemed to work last time I
      > tested.
      >
      > How can I store content of the current buffer and restore it in case
      > of error? like the following pseudo code
      >
      > let tmp=%
      > %!filter
      > if v:xhell_error | set %=tmp | endif

      what about (untested)

      %!filter
      if v:shell_error
      undo
      endif

      ?

      If it doesn't work you can always do

      w! /temp/file
      %!filter
      if v:shell_error
      e! /temp/file
      saveas #
      endif

      but it isn't very elegant.

      President Reagan has noted that there are too many economic pundits and
      forecasters and has decided on an excess prophets tax.