107015Re: Use terminal colors in GUI Vim?

  • Matt Wozniski
    Sep 1, 2009
      On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 10:31 AM, Nathan Neff wrote:

      > On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 8:19 PM, Patrick Gen-Paul wrote:
      >> I used ":hi + copy/paste" to create a color scheme that reflects my
      >> xterm's default colors.
      >>
      >> Pleas find attached the color scheme file I created manually via
      >> copy/paste and a few substitutions + the relevant stanza of my
      >> .Xdefaults file so all you need to do is replace my terminal color
      >> definitions by yours.
      >
      > Thanks Glen -- I tried your colorscheme, and it looks a lot like mine.
      >
      > I'll go through the colors 1 by 1 when I have time -- in the meantime, I'll
      > use your colorscheme :-)

      Well, you can probably tell that I was bored today... but here's a
      port of the 16-color-terminal default colorscheme to gvim. Just
      change the block of colors (the "let" lines..) to match your
      terminal's colors (they're colors 0 through 15, in order, fwiw).
      Hopefully gmail doesn't wrap this on me... In fact, just in case it
      does, I've attached it as well - so there will be a plain text,
      archivable copy in the list archives and a not-horribly-wrapped copy
      in subscriber's inboxes. Sorry I can't disable wrapping ATM. :)

      ~Matt

      hi clear
      if exists("syntax_on")
      syntax reset
      endif

      let g:colors_name = 'sixteen'

      " Change these to match your terminal!

      let s:Black = '#000000'
      let s:DarkBlue = '#AF0000'
      let s:DarkGreen = '#00AF00'
      let s:DarkCyan = '#AFAF00'
      let s:DarkRed = '#00FF00'
      let s:DarkMagenta = '#AF00AF'
      let s:Brown = '#00AFAF'
      let s:Grey = '#9A9A9A'
      let s:DarkGrey = '#5F5F5F'
      let s:Blue = '#D70000'
      let s:Green = '#00D700'
      let s:Cyan = '#D7D700'
      let s:Red = '#00FF00'
      let s:Magenta = '#D700D7'
      let s:Yellow = '#00D7D7'
      let s:White = '#D7D7D7'

      " Both

      exe 'hi ErrorMsg term=standout ctermbg=DarkRed guibg=' . s:DarkRed . '
      ctermfg=White guifg=' . s:White
      exe 'hi IncSearch term=reverse cterm=reverse gui=reverse'
      exe 'hi ModeMsg term=bold cterm=bold gui=bold'
      exe 'hi NonText term=bold ctermfg=Blue guifg=' . s:Blue
      exe 'hi StatusLine term=reverse,bold cterm=reverse,bold gui=reverse,bold'
      exe 'hi StatusLineNC term=reverse cterm=reverse gui=reverse'
      exe 'hi VertSplit term=reverse cterm=reverse gui=reverse'
      exe 'hi VisualNOS term=underline,bold cterm=underline,bold gui=underline,bold'
      exe 'hi DiffText term=reverse cterm=bold gui=bold ctermbg=Red guibg=' . s:Red
      exe 'hi PmenuThumb cterm=reverse gui=reverse'
      exe 'hi PmenuSbar ctermbg=Grey guibg=' . s:Grey
      exe 'hi TabLineSel term=bold cterm=bold gui=bold'
      exe 'hi TabLineFill term=reverse cterm=reverse gui=reverse'
      exe 'hi Cursor guibg=fg guifg=bg'
      exe 'hi lCursor guibg=fg guifg=bg'

      if &bg == 'light'
      exe 'hi Directory term=bold ctermfg=DarkBlue guifg=' . s:DarkBlue
      exe 'hi LineNr term=underline ctermfg=Brown guifg=' . s:Brown
      exe 'hi MoreMsg term=bold ctermfg=DarkGreen guifg=' . s:DarkGreen
      exe 'hi Question term=standout ctermfg=DarkGreen guifg=' . s:DarkGreen
      exe 'hi Search term=reverse ctermbg=Yellow guibg=' . s:Yellow . '
      ctermfg=NONE guifg=NONE'
      exe 'hi SpellBad term=reverse ctermbg=Red guibg=' . s:Red
      exe 'hi SpellCap term=reverse ctermbg=Blue guibg=' . s:Blue
      exe 'hi SpellRare term=reverse ctermbg=Magenta guibg=' . s:Magenta
      exe 'hi SpellLocal term=underline ctermbg=Cyan guibg=' . s:Cyan
      exe 'hi Pmenu ctermbg=Magenta guibg=' . s:Magenta
      exe 'hi PmenuSel ctermbg=Grey guibg=' . s:Grey
      exe 'hi SpecialKey term=bold ctermfg=DarkBlue guifg=' . s:DarkBlue
      exe 'hi Title term=bold ctermfg=DarkMagenta guifg=' . s:DarkMagenta
      exe 'hi WarningMsg term=standout ctermfg=DarkRed guifg=' . s:DarkRed
      exe 'hi WildMenu term=standout ctermbg=Yellow guibg=' . s:Yellow .
      ' ctermfg=Black guifg=' . s:Black
      exe 'hi Folded term=standout ctermbg=Grey guibg=' . s:Grey . '
      ctermfg=DarkBlue guifg=' . s:DarkBlue
      exe 'hi FoldColumn term=standout ctermbg=Grey guibg=' . s:Grey . '
      ctermfg=DarkBlue guifg=' . s:DarkBlue
      exe 'hi SignColumn term=standout ctermbg=Grey guibg=' . s:Grey . '
      ctermfg=DarkBlue guifg=' . s:DarkBlue
      exe 'hi Visual term=reverse'
      exe 'hi DiffAdd term=bold ctermbg=Blue guibg=' . s:Blue
      exe 'hi DiffChange term=bold ctermbg=Magenta guibg=' . s:Magenta
      exe 'hi DiffDelete term=bold ctermfg=Blue guifg=' . s:Blue . '
      ctermbg=Cyan guibg=' . s:Cyan
      exe 'hi TabLine term=underline cterm=underline gui=underline
      ctermfg=Black guifg=' . s:Black . ' ctermbg=Grey guibg=' . s:Grey
      exe 'hi CursorColumn term=reverse ctermbg=Grey guibg=' . s:Grey
      exe 'hi CursorLine term=underline cterm=underline gui=underline'
      exe 'hi MatchParen term=reverse ctermbg=Cyan guibg=' . s:Cyan
      exe 'hi Normal gui=NONE'
      else
      exe 'hi Directory term=bold ctermfg=Cyan guifg=' . s:Cyan
      exe 'hi LineNr term=underline ctermfg=Yellow guifg=' . s:Yellow
      exe 'hi MoreMsg term=bold ctermfg=Green guifg=' . s:Green
      exe 'hi Question term=standout ctermfg=Green guifg=' . s:Green
      exe 'hi Search term=reverse ctermbg=Yellow guibg=' . s:Yellow . '
      ctermfg=Black guifg=' . s:Black
      exe 'hi SpecialKey term=bold ctermfg=Blue guifg=' . s:Blue
      exe 'hi SpellBad term=reverse ctermbg=Red guibg=' . s:Red
      exe 'hi SpellCap term=reverse ctermbg=Blue guibg=' . s:Blue
      exe 'hi SpellRare term=reverse ctermbg=Magenta guibg=' . s:Magenta
      exe 'hi SpellLocal term=underline ctermbg=Cyan guibg=' . s:Cyan
      exe 'hi Pmenu ctermbg=Magenta guibg=' . s:Magenta
      exe 'hi PmenuSel ctermbg=DarkGrey guibg=' . s:DarkGrey
      exe 'hi Title term=bold ctermfg=Magenta guifg=' . s:Magenta
      exe 'hi WarningMsg term=standout ctermfg=Red guifg=' . s:Red
      exe 'hi WildMenu term=standout ctermbg=Yellow guibg=' . s:Yellow .
      ' ctermfg=Black guifg=' . s:Black
      exe 'hi Folded term=standout ctermbg=DarkGrey guibg=' . s:DarkGrey
      . ' ctermfg=Cyan guifg=' . s:Cyan
      exe 'hi FoldColumn term=standout ctermbg=DarkGrey guibg=' .
      s:DarkGrey . ' ctermfg=Cyan guifg=' . s:Cyan
      exe 'hi SignColumn term=standout ctermbg=DarkGrey guibg=' .
      s:DarkGrey . ' ctermfg=Cyan guifg=' . s:Cyan
      exe 'hi Visual term=reverse'
      exe 'hi DiffAdd term=bold ctermbg=DarkBlue guibg=' . s:DarkBlue
      exe 'hi DiffChange term=bold ctermbg=DarkMagenta guibg=' . s:DarkMagenta
      exe 'hi DiffDelete term=bold ctermfg=Blue guifg=' . s:Blue . '
      ctermbg=DarkCyan guibg=' . s:DarkCyan
      exe 'hi TabLine term=underline cterm=underline gui=underline
      ctermfg=White guifg=' . s:White . ' ctermbg=DarkGrey guibg=' .
      s:DarkGrey
      exe 'hi CursorColumn term=reverse ctermbg=DarkGrey guibg=' . s:DarkGrey
      exe 'hi CursorLine term=underline cterm=underline gui=underline'
      exe 'hi MatchParen term=reverse ctermbg=DarkCyan guibg=' . s:DarkCyan
      exe 'hi Normal gui=NONE'
      endif