106284Re: highlighting text between marks

  • googler
    Aug 1, 2009
      On Aug 1, 6:46 am, Teemu Likonen <tliko...@...> wrote:
      > On 2009-08-01 00:25 (-0700), googler wrote:
      > > I have two marks, say a and b. I want to highlight the text between
      > > (and including) a and b. I tried to use the match command like this
      > > :'a,'b match MyGrp /.*/
      > Try this first:
      >     :help /\%'m
      > For example:
      >     :match ErrorMsg /\%'a\_.*\%'b/

      Hi, thanks for the reply. It did answer my question, but on second
      thoughts, I would actually like to use the line number and column
      number corresponding to each mark inside the ':match' command. So my
      question is, given a mark (say `a, '<, etc), is it possible to get its
      line number and column number? I have to do this because the marks I
      use to define a match earlier might get redefined, in which case those
      highlights will be gone.