106283:w causes 0kb random numbered file creation

  • Paul Foster
    Aug 1, 2009
      I'm using gvim 7.2 on Windows XP and Windows 7 RC1 to edit files on a mapped drive (samba share).

      Whenever I save a file with :w a new randomly numbered file (4-5 chars) is created in the current directory.  So after a good editing session I can have hundreds of these empty numbered files littered throughout my directory structure - which is a real pain.

      It only occurs on mapped drives, not local disks.

      Anyone have any idea?

      Cheers,
      Paul