106276highlighting text between marks

  • googler
    Aug 1 12:25 AM
      I have two marks, say a and b. I want to highlight the text between
      (and including) a and b. I tried to use the match command like this
      :'a,'b match MyGrp /.*/
      I know accessing marks with ' (instead of `) will not be accurate to
      the resolution of the exact characters, but I was hoping to get at
      least the lines highlighted. But it doesn't work.

      How do I do this? It is best if it highlights only the portion of text
      bounded by the marks and not the entire line.

      BTW, does any plugin exist where I can select a part of text in visual
      mode (say using the mouse) and pressing some specific key will
      highlight this text?

      Thanks.