102934Re: Hybrid Syntax File?

  • Ben Fritz
    Mar 31, 2009
      On Mar 30, 11:17 pm, Rich Healey <healey.r...@...> wrote:
      > I’m writing trigger functions for my postgreSQL database using
      > plPython, what this means is that I want vim to highlight everything
      > up until a line with just
      >
      > $BODY$
      >
      > As SQL, then it should highlight everything until the next $BODY$ line
      > as Python.
      >
      > The $BODY$ convention is mine, I would like longterm to make it a bit
      > more flexible so that I can distribute it without the ugly caveat of
      > having to adhere to my conventions.
      >
      > I've got the sql.vim and python.vim files open and am looking through
      > them, but I can't see any obvious way to make it switch at the
      > markers.

      http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Different_syntax_highlighting_within_regions_of_a_file

      By the way, I searched the wiki for "different syntax region" knowing
      I wanted this page, but it wasn't in the top hits.

      What search terms would people expect to use to find this file? We can
      create a few redirect pages to help you find it.