101983Re: how to make vim support GB18030

  • bill lam
    Mar 2, 2009
      On Mon, 02 Mar 2009, Zhu OUYANG wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > I need vim to correctly show the GB18030 characters, but seems my vim not
      > supporting it. I used command "*help encoding-values*", but there is no
      > GB18030 in the list.
      >
      > So my question is:
      >
      > 1. Is there any easy way to make vim support GB18030?

      No experience in using GB18030, Is it the same as cp936? I you don't
      use any 4 byte codes, I guess it should be same as cp936.

      > 2. If answer is "no", then, is there any simple tools (not libs) could
      > easily transform it into utf-8?

      You can use a command line program 'iconv' to convert between
      different encodings.

      --
      regards,
      GPG key 1024D/4434BAB3 2008-08-24