101960Re: Align doesn 't work

  • andalou
    Mar 1, 2009
      On Mar 1, 8:30 am, "Charles E. Campbell, Jr."
      <drc...@...> wrote:
      > andalou wrote:
      > > I want to align the following text having the blank as a separator:
      >
      > > m n p
      > > a $1 $2
      > > bc €3 €4
      > > def €5 €6
      > > gh €7 €8
      >
      > > but it aligns from the third row downwards.
      >
      > You'll want to read
      >
      > :help g:align-option for how to align with multibyte characters, and
      > you'll want to read
      > :help alignctrl-separators for alignment restrictions concerning spaces
      > in separators, and
      > :help alignmap-tsp for a map that works around that constraint.
      >
      > In short:
      >
      > :let g:Align_xstrlen= 1
      > V...\tsp
      >
      > Regards,
      > Chip Campbell

      Many thanks Dr Chip, it works.
      I was using an old version of Align. I updated it to the new version
      but whenever I want to edit a file I'm getting the following messages:

      ---------------------
      Error detected while processing C:\Programmi\Vim\vimfiles\plugin
      \AlignMapsPlugin.
      vim:
      line 68:
      E227: mapping already exists for \a?