100945History completion

    Feb 1, 2009

      On 01/02/09 13:35, Vincent Birebent wrote:
      [...]
      > Also (probably noobish question): in vim after I type ":" I can get
      > last entered commands by using down arrow (and after ":m" all former
      > commands begining with ":m"...). Doesn't seems to work on Macvim... Am
      > I wrong?
      >
      > Thanks.

      Here (on Linux) :<Down> gives a beep but :<Up> gives the latest
      ex-command-line (and repeatedly hitting <Up> goes "up" in history). It's
      only after using <Up> one or more times that I can use <Down> to go to
      successively more recent completions (and finally to my colon ot to
      whichever text I typed before triggering the completion).

      Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you recognize a mistake
      when you make it again.
      -- F. P. Jones