100013Re: an independent Chinese IME is available

    Jan 4, 2009
      On 04/01/09 15:05, StarWing wrote:
      > i think it used a little difficulty....just need some imploved.
      > On 1月4日, 下午4时37分, anhnmncb<anhnm...@...> wrote:
      >> These lines in your script change the vim options globally, I don't think it's
      >> a good way.
      >> set completeopt=menu,preview,longest
      >> set pumheight=10
      >> set completefunc=ChineseIME

      Yes, all these should use ":setlocal" and be in a filetype-plugin, or
      maybe in some function called only on demand; not in a global plugin
      used for every file (including, let's say, C sources in ASCII or,
      speaking of "human" languages, Russian text in Cyrillic).

      >> And why not add a advice for imap in vimscript.org instead of writing it in your
      >> plugin?
      >> imap<C-^> <C-X><C-U><C-U><C-P><C-N>

      Here also, ":imap <buffer> <C-^> etc." might be better; and, as you
      say, it should perhaps be commented-out by default, since some users
      might prefer using another {lhs}. Myself, I don't know if my fr_BE
      keyboard has a key or key combo for Ctrl-^ so I might prefer <F12> as
      the {lhs}.

      Best regards,
      A poem: read aloud:

      <> !*''# Waka waka bang splat tick tick hash,
      ^"`$$- Caret quote back-tick dollar dollar dash,
      !*=@$_ Bang splat equal at dollar under-score,
      %*<> ~#4 Percent splat waka waka tilde number four,
      &[]../ Ampersand bracket bracket dot dot slash,
      |{,,SYSTEM HALTED Vertical-bar curly-bracket comma comma CRASH.

      Fred Bremmer and Steve Kroese (Calvin College & Seminary of Grand
      Rapids, MI.)