100010Re: possible to make iskeyword supports multibyte charactor?

    Jan 4, 2009
      On 04/01/09 08:10, bill lam wrote:
      > On Sun, 04 Jan 2009, pansz wrote:
      >> Interesting, I see the wide punctuation characters are recognized, so
      >> vim is using wide character internally, and omitting some particular
      >> wide-character from 'iskeyword' shouldn't be hard.
      >>
      >> Then why the 'iskeyword' supports only characters from 0-255?
      >
      > Just wild guess since I've never looked into vim's source code. I
      > think that iskeyword or spellcheck for that matter use FSM to
      > implement the parser. It's ok to have a table of 256 characters but
      > not so easy to work with a table of millions of unicode characters.
      > A quick and dirty workaround is to coerce all non 8-bit characters as
      > white space.

      Actually Vim uses a different method (a table of ranges, I think) for
      Unicode codepoints which require two or more UTF-8 bytes, since we've
      established that fullwith comma and fullwidth fullstop are (properly)
      recognized as breaking "word" selection, and that "ordinary" hanzi aren't.

      Hippogriff, n.:
      An animal (now extinct) which was half horse and half griffin.
      The griffin was itself a compound creature, half lion and half eagle.
      The hippogriff was actually, therefore, only one quarter eagle, which
      is two dollars and fifty cents in gold. The study of zoology is full
      of surprises.