Need config option controlling addition of byte order mark to UTF-8 files

  • Aleksander Adamowski
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 10, 2003
      Hi!
      I've noticed that with version 6.2 VIM started to add the BOM at teh
      beginning of files when I use an UTF-8 locale.

      Unfortunately, even with the latest version (2.0.47) Apache doesn't
      remove that mark and outputs it, which makes PHP scripts not work - when
      output is sent to browser before I can issue output buffering command, I
      cannot send headers to the browser.

      --
      Aleksander Adamowski
      Jabber JID (to nie e-mail!): olo@...
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 10, 2003
        Aleksander Adamowski wrote:

        > I've noticed that with version 6.2 VIM started to add the BOM at teh
        > beginning of files when I use an UTF-8 locale.

        Vim doesn't add a BOM, it only preserves it when it's already there.

        > Unfortunately, even with the latest version (2.0.47) Apache doesn't
        > remove that mark and outputs it, which makes PHP scripts not work - when
        > output is sent to browser before I can issue output buffering command, I
        > cannot send headers to the browser.

        You can reset the 'bomb' option to remove a BOM when writing a file.

        --
        My girlfriend told me I should be more affectionate.
        So I got TWO girlfriends.