IME status when VIM is started.

  • hiroji kimura
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 16, 2003
      Hi. I am trying to fix IME status to be off when I start up VIM.

      When I startup vim with an empty document and move to INSERT mode by typing
      "i", IME will be turned on by default. I have to turn it off every time
      when I need to type non Japanese charactrers which is 99% of the time. Is
      there a way to start VIM with IME turned OFF? Apparently it does not keep
      previous IME status. Thanks. Hiroji
    • MURAOKA Taro
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 16, 2003
        Write this in your .vimrc file:
        :set iminsert=0 imsearch=0
        ----
        MURAOKA Taro <koron@...>

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 17, 2003
          On Sun, Aug 17, 2003 at 03:52:14PM +0900, MURAOKA Taro wrote:
          > Write this in your .vimrc file:
          > :set iminsert=0 imsearch=0

          I've suggested in the past that this be the default in Windows, since
          it's very bizarre for a Windows application to default to IME mode.