Displaying chars

  • Hichem Fadali
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 16, 2003
      Hi,

      I'm developing a language similar to the arabic language on windows XP,
      using vim6.0 and using gvim and using utf-8

      I have the following problem, and I wish somebody can help me figure out
      where I am going wrong:

      In arabic, each letter can take on different forms, depending on if there
      is a character on its right, left, both, or none.
      The 4 forms are:
      1 - SA for stand alone (ie no letter is connected to it from either side)
      2 - RO for Right only (ie connected from the right only)
      3 - BS for Both sides (ie letter present on each side)
      4 - B for Beginning (ie letter connected from the left only)

      I've created a keymap, and the letters that each corresponds to is the SA
      version of the letter.
      (ie j = TAA_SA, g = LAAM_SA).
      But when I type more than one letter, the code that I've implemented will
      find out the proper form of the letter typed.

      This is the problem:

      When I type even 2 characters on a line, the first one being the TAA and
      the second one being the LAAM, they will become TAA_B followed by LAAM_RO.

      BUT when I press the enter key, both letters become TAA_SA and LAAM_SA for
      some reason.

      I have no idea why, but if anybody knows why or where this thing is
      happening, please let me know.

      Hichem