Re: Printing 8-bit encodings

    Message 1 of 9 , May 7, 2003
      Bram Moolenaar <Bram@...> wrote:
      > Valery Kondakoff wrote:
      >
      > > > Added support for PostScript printing of various 8-bit encodings.
      > > > (Mike Williams)
      > >
      > > I'm not sure this patch was supposed to fix this, but it is still
      > > impossible to print Russian text when 'encoding' is set to 'utf-8'.
      > > When I set 'encoding' to 'cp1251' the Russian text is printed
      > > correctly.
      >
      > Please read the docs on this: ":help 'printencoding'" and everything
      > below ":help :hardcopy".
      >
      > --
      > I noticed my daughter's Disney-net password on a sticky note:
      > "MickeyMinnieGoofyPluto". I asked her why it was so long.
      > "Because they say it has to have at least four characters."
      >
      > /// Bram Moolenaar -- Bram@... -- http://www.Moolenaar.net
      > \\\ /// Creator of Vim - Vi IMproved -- http://www.Vim.org
      > \\\ \\\ Project leader for A-A-P -- http://www.A-A-P.org
      > /// \\\ Help AIDS victims, buy at Amazon --
      > http://ICCF.nl/click1.html ///

      'printencoding' seems quite new. New in 6.2 maybe? (I don't see it in the
      helpfiles that came with 6.1.469, and the corresponding executable spits
      error at ":set printencoding?".) Any idea of an ETA (oh, even not a precise
      date but a "rough order of magnitude", i.e. error -90%, +900%) for a
      "stable" 6.2 ? [Say "five weeks" and I will expect it "some time between
      three days and a year from now" :-).]

      Regards,