Re: Japanese dialog button text problem in 6.2b ALPHA (2003 Apr 27)

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 30, 2003
      Kentaro Nakazawa wrote:

      > It seems that gtk_dialog_add_button(dialog, Japanese string, index) in
      > the 2026th line of gui_gtk.c cannot interpret Japanese.
      > Therefore, the text of the button on the dialog displayed when two or
      > more same files are opened is not displayed.
      > The following errors are displayed.
      >
      > (gvim:10956): Gtk-WARNING **: Invalid input string
      >
      > Other Japanese is displayed.

      Does this patch help?

      *** gui_gtk.c.orig Fri Apr 25 19:49:49 2003
      --- gui_gtk.c Wed Apr 30 21:42:42 2003
      ***************
      *** 1900,1905 ****
      --- 1900,1909 ----
      }
      else if (*p == DLG_HOTKEY_CHAR)
      *p = '_';
      + #ifdef FEAT_MBYTE
      + if (has_mbyte)
      + p += (*mb_ptr2len_check)(p) - 1;
      + #endif
      }
      array[count] = NULL; /* currently not relied upon, but doesn't hurt */
      }

      If this doesn't help then I hope someone else can fix this.

      --
      "Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons."
      Popular Mechanics, 1949

    • Kentaro Nakazawa
      Message 2 of 6 , May 1 9:40 AM
        The patch was updated.

        Now, it is thought that this problem was solved.

        --
        Kentaro Nakazawa <kentaro@...>
        Message 3 of 6 , May 1 10:30 AM
          Kentaro Nakazawa wrote:

          > The patch was updated.
          >
          > Now, it is thought that this problem was solved.

          I can't check this with Japanese, but it looks OK to me. I'll include
          the patch. Thanks!

          --
          In a world without fences, who needs Gates and Windows?