strftime()/clipboard patches, langmaps

  • Valery Kondakoff
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 28, 2003
      Hello, Bram!

      Friday, March 21, 2003, you wrote to me:

      BM> I have fixed these issues and I'll send out a patch after a few tests.

      Just wanted to say 'thank you' to Bram and other developers for
      releasing 'official' clipboard and strftime() patches, that completely
      solved clipboard and strftime() issues on my PC (WinXP, GVIM 6.1.422).

      Since these issues are solved, I must admit, that currently GVIM is
      fairly useful in multilanguage environment. The only problem that
      still exists - is that GVIM forces it's users to use non-standard
      keyboard layout switching hotkey (C-^ - keymap switching).

      Maybe for an experienced VIM user this does not sound like a major
      problem, but this _is_ a problem for all the newbies. You may not
      believe me, but _all_ the people, whom I was recommending to try GVIM
      were complaining about this issue.

      So, please, think about allowing to use langmaps when 'encoding' is
      set to 'utf-8'. This will greatly simplify GVIM usage for all the
      novices.

      Or maybe there is a way to 'block' system keyboard layout switching
      hotkey (say, 'Alt-Shift') when GVIM window is active and map 'C-^' to
      this hotkey? Any workarounds?

      Thank you.

      Valery Kondakoff
      http://www.nbk.orc.ru (Ne Bey Kopytom)
      http://www.nbk.orc.ru/mtb (MTB riding in Moscow)

      np: Nils Petter Molvar - Trip (Solid Ether) [stopped]