Re: clipboard for win9x

    Message 1 of 20 , Mar 26, 2003
      Valery Kondakoff wrote:

      > Please, can you give me rather more details how to apply this patch?
      > I'm a real newbie in "patching". With a little help of VIM-community I
      > was able to apply 'official' patches. But I still can't understand
      > what 'os_mswin.c' revision do I need to have to successfully apply
      > your patch.
      >
      > When applying your patch on clean 'os_mswin.c' or 'os_mswin.c' with
      > all official patches applyed, I receive an error:
      >
      > Patching file src/os_mswin.c using Plan A...
      > Hunk #1 FAILED at 971.
      > Hunk #2 FAILED at 1022.
      > Hunk #3 FAILED at 1077.
      > Hunk #4 FAILED at 1106.
      > Hunk #5 succeeded at 1147 with fuzz 2.
      > Hunk #6 FAILED at 1157.
      > Hunk #7 FAILED at 1170.
      > Hunk #8 FAILED at 1187.
      > Hunk #9 FAILED at 1220.
      > Hunk #10 FAILED at 1261.
      > 9 out of 10 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file src/os_mswin.c.rej
      >
      > Do I need to find a special 'os_mswin.c' version in CVS?

      First make sure the patch file and the source file use the same line
      endings. Both dos and unix fileformats work, but they must match.

      I'm not sure if this patch depends on previous patches. Simplest is to
      obtain the latest version through CVS. See the CVS page on
      www.vim.org for that.

      214. Your MCI "Circle of Friends" are all Hayes-compatible.