Re: How can vim support new Chinese standard GB18030?

  • maxiangjiang
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 14, 2003
      It sounds that cp54936 is not fully functioning,
      though the name is there.

      Following is what I got:

      :w ++enc=cp54936<CR>

      ERROR:
      Not a valid codepage: enc=cp54936

      Another try:
      :w ++enc=2byte-cp54936<CR>
      :w ++enc=xxx<CR>

      The whole buffer becomes blank.

      Well, setting enc=utf8 worked perfect for me.
      I am just wondering why such standard (GB18030)
      is forced in China? Government issue?