Re: Formating multi-byte text with punctuations

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 14, 2003
      On Fri, Mar 14, 2003 at 10:32:49AM -0800, maxiangjiang wrote:
      > For multi-byte text, "," is also two-byte. It is often put on the first
      > column.
      > If we can support this, "tw" may need to be expanded "on the fly" when
      > needed.

      "," is never multi-byte. You're referring to "full-width comma", which
      is a different character (""). Be careful to distinguish them, so
      people don't get confused and start thinking plain old commas are
      multibyte in UTF-8; there's enough confusion out there already. :)

      > BTW, utf8 value of multibyte commas is ef bc 8c.

      It's easiest to refer people to Unicode characters by codepoint: U+FF0C.