Wrong encoding when copying to/from Clipboard in the newest builds

  • Valery Kondakoff
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 13, 2003
      Hello, Glenn!

      13 марта 2003 г., you wrote to me:

      >> I don't know what's wrong. Glenn? Ron?

      GM> I don't know the full implications of Vim without the current clipboard
      GM> patch, so I'd like him to apply it (and recheck the problems) before I
      GM> try troubleshooting anything.

      I have found a link to patched GVIM, that you send in one of the
      this patch fixes my problem with garbage encodings. At least there are
      no clipboard-related encoding problems in this build.

      But it introduces another problem: when copying _from_ another app to
      GVIM the last character of clipboard contents is _not_ copied to GVIM.

      There is an example: I'm copying a string '1234' from Notepad. After
      pasting in GVIM ("*p) it will be truncated to '123'.

      The last character is not truncated, when pasting from GVIM to
      Notepad. (WinXP Pro).

      :)

      Valery Kondakoff
      http://www.nbk.orc.ru (Ne Bey Kopytom)
      http://www.nbk.orc.ru/mtb (MTB riding in Moscow)

      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 13, 2003
        On Fri, Mar 14, 2003 at 04:23:54AM +0300, Valery Kondakoff wrote:
        > I have found a link to patched GVIM, that you send in one of the
        > this patch fixes my problem with garbage encodings. At least there are
        > no clipboard-related encoding problems in this build.

        The only binaries I've put up are fairly old, and don't include the
        recent patch and may not include some other bugfixes.

        I'll see about updating that binary in the next day or two.

      • Valery Kondakoff
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 14, 2003
          Hello, Glenn!

          14 марта 2003 г., you wrote to me:

          GM> On Fri, Mar 14, 2003 at 04:23:54AM +0300, Valery Kondakoff wrote:
          >> I have found a link to patched GVIM, that you send in one of the
          >> this patch fixes my problem with garbage encodings. At least there are
          >> no clipboard-related encoding problems in this build.

          GM> The only binaries I've put up are fairly old, and don't include the
          GM> recent patch and may not include some other bugfixes.

          Currently I'm experimenting with your build. I have set 'encoding' to
          'utf-8' in my _vimrc, and this fixes the problem with disappearing
          character after copying text from external app to GVIM. And there are
          _no_ problems with text encoding.

          So, it seems, that the last character disappears only when unicode is
          not enabled.