Using langmaps with utf-8. Is it possible?

  • Valery Kondakoff
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 12 7:19 AM
      Hi!

      Excuse me, I still can't find an answer - how can I use langmaps if I
      set my 'encoding' to 'utf-8'?

      Documentation:
      ---
      This only works for 8-bit characters. The value of 'langmap' may be
      specified with multi-byte characters (e.g., UTF-8), but only the lower
      8 bits of each character will be used.
      ---

      Does it means, that I _can not_ use langmaps and I'm forced to use
      keymaps? I think it's a major drawback.

      If I'm wrong and I still can use langmaps with 'utf-8' encoding,
      please, can you show me an example - what do i need to put in it?

      Thank you.

      Valery Kondakoff
      http://www.nbk.orc.ru (Ne Bey Kopytom)
      http://www.nbk.orc.ru/mtb (MTB riding in Moscow)