RE: Win32 clipboard and pasting unicode from other apps

  • Maiorana, Jason
    Message 1 of 32 , Feb 3, 2003
      >I finally found time to include the patch to support Unicode through
      the
      >Win32 clipboard.

      The code you sent didnt seem to support surrogate pairs, unless
      im mistaken. Not that they are particularily well supported in
      windows, but they are supposed to be. Perhaps converting utf-8 to
      utf-16 instead of ucs-2....
      Message 32 of 32 , Feb 6, 2003
        Glenn Maynard wrote:

        > > Can you check the changes for enc_codepage and send me a patch again?
        > > Preferably against the current version with the Unicode clipboard patch
        > > included.
        >
        > I'll run over it and send it again. It'd be easiest if you could commit
        > the clipboard patch to CVS, so I can diff from there.

        That has a catch 42 problem: I would like to test the whole thing before
        sending the patch into the world.

        > > I'm actually more worried about plain mistakes in the code. I did some
        > > cleaning up and could not test it all.
        >
        > I got it to apply (along with the strlen fix), and it's worked in a few
        > cursory tests (copying and pasting JP text with enc=utf-8 and enc=cp932).
        > I suspect you'll want more testing in 9x, which I can't do here ...

        I didn't change the way it handles the clipboard. It's mostly the
        various conversions that need to be checked, including iconv().

        156. You forget your friend's name but not her e-mail address.