Re: Win32 clipboard and pasting unicode from other apps

    Message 1 of 32 , Nov 18, 2002
      On Mon, Nov 18, 2002 at 10:16:09AM -0000, Beck, Zak wrote:
      > That works really well. Copying / pasting from Word now works as expected
      > with Unicode e.g. Japanese.
      >
      > One thing: I compile with MingW, which in the version I have installed,
      > doesn't seem to have GlobalDiscard in it's link library for some reason (not
      > sure why at this point). I changed the GlobalDiscard's to GlobalFree's
      > (which are nearly the same for this use) and it links ok.

      Thanks; I did the same.

      Message 32 of 32 , Feb 6, 2003
        Glenn Maynard wrote:

        > > Can you check the changes for enc_codepage and send me a patch again?
        > > Preferably against the current version with the Unicode clipboard patch
        > > included.
        >
        > I'll run over it and send it again. It'd be easiest if you could commit
        > the clipboard patch to CVS, so I can diff from there.

        That has a catch 42 problem: I would like to test the whole thing before
        sending the patch into the world.

        > > I'm actually more worried about plain mistakes in the code. I did some
        > > cleaning up and could not test it all.
        >
        > I got it to apply (along with the strlen fix), and it's worked in a few
        > cursory tests (copying and pasting JP text with enc=utf-8 and enc=cp932).
        > I suspect you'll want more testing in 9x, which I can't do here ...

        I didn't change the way it handles the clipboard. It's mostly the
        various conversions that need to be checked, including iconv().

        156. You forget your friend's name but not her e-mail address.