Re: Win32 clipboard and pasting unicode from other apps

    Message 1 of 32 , Nov 14, 2002
      Glenn Maynard wrote:

      > On Thu, Nov 14, 2002 at 10:18:02PM +0100, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
      > > Sorry, my mistake. I can't seem to find a patch for Win32. Maybe it
      > > was only suggested, not implemented.
      >
      > I implemented it a while back. I just updated my source tree; attached
      > is the patch. It's mostly unchanged from back then, I think.

      Thanks. I'll now make a note that I can retrieve! I apparently mixed
      up the notes about patches for the GTK and Win32 clipboard.

      --
      Micro$oft: where do you want to go today?
      Linux: where do you want to go tomorrow?

      Message 32 of 32 , Feb 6, 2003
        Glenn Maynard wrote:

        > > Can you check the changes for enc_codepage and send me a patch again?
        > > Preferably against the current version with the Unicode clipboard patch
        > > included.
        >
        > I'll run over it and send it again. It'd be easiest if you could commit
        > the clipboard patch to CVS, so I can diff from there.

        That has a catch 42 problem: I would like to test the whole thing before
        sending the patch into the world.

        > > I'm actually more worried about plain mistakes in the code. I did some
        > > cleaning up and could not test it all.
        >
        > I got it to apply (along with the strlen fix), and it's worked in a few
        > cursory tests (copying and pasting JP text with enc=utf-8 and enc=cp932).
        > I suspect you'll want more testing in 9x, which I can't do here ...

        I didn't change the way it handles the clipboard. It's mostly the
        various conversions that need to be checked, including iconv().

        156. You forget your friend's name but not her e-mail address.